Thanks so much for getting in touch! I can’t promise to answer every single email (my inbox is frequently overflowing), but I do my very best, and I am always grateful that you’ve taken the time to write and share part of your day with me!
Some helpful links:
- It’s possible that your question might have already been answered on the FAQs page.
- You might also be looking for my online classes–those are listed on the Whipstitch e-course page.
- If you’re looking for the Whipstitch retail sewing lounge and fabric shop in Atlanta, it closed its doors for the last time on Easter weekend 2013–you can read more about our going away here.
- See below for information on the new Whipstitch Sewing Studio. This is not a retail space, and is open only for scheduled events–you can see current offerings here.
- Did you want to sign up for my bi-weekly newsletter? I send out free downloads, frequent discounts and lots of meet-up and Sewcial news most Tuesdays. Use the link here to make sure you get it in your inbox! (Oh, and pro-tip: be sure to OPEN your newsletter–I regularly send out goodies that aren’t in the subject line, so be sure to OPEN the newsletter and see what’s inside!)
If those links didn’t answer your question, please feel free to email me by writing:
deborah [at] whipstitchfabrics [dot] com
Thanks again for being part of the blog, and for making Whipstitch a fun and dynamic place to be! I have loved carving out this little corner of the crafty internet, and can’t wait to share with you whatever it is that’s coming along next.
Whipstitch Sewing Studio
In November of 2015, I moved my video and photo studio out of my house and to an office space north of Atlanta. Primarily designed for shooting online video classes, I open the space occasionally to offer in-person classes and sewing workshops. You can see all the current class options here, and find directions to the studio below! (Please note, to avoid confusion: the studio is a professional workspace and does not keep regular public hours. Outside of scheduled classes, please contact me before arriving!)
Mobile mapping software can be confusing for this address. Please look for the RED BRICK BUILDING on Carpenter Drive, NOT the grey building that backs up to it. These two have parking lots that back up to one another, and their street numbers are similar, but the entrances are on opposite ends of the circle of Carpenter Drive and do not connect.
From I-285, take the Roswell Rd exit and head north, outside the perimeter. At the very first street, immediately after turning on to Roswell Rd, take a RIGHT on Carpenter Drive, past the giant diamond–careful, it comes up quickly!* The second left is a driveway that enters the parking lot at 270 Carpenter Drive. We are in a red brick office building on the fifth floor. There is ample parking and an elevator for your convenience!
*(If you miss the first entrance, simply continue to the NEXT right turn, just past the Gyro Bros and wine shop, which is the other end of Carpenter Drive. Take this all the way around the curve until you see the red brick building on your right, and enter the parking lot from there.)