Back for another mystery after a spectacularly successful first year!
The Murder Mystery Quilt is a monthly subscription club that reads along together and stitches up a quilt to find clues and solve the murder mystery contained in the story. This is a mystery quilt in the traditional sense–you sew a block each month and the overall design of the quilt isn’t revealed until all the blocks are sewn–but it’s also a MYSTERY quilt: each month, along with the block pattern and design, you receive a chapter of a mystery story. Each chapter reveals clues as the plot unfolds, and it’s your job to seek out whodunit!
In addition to the chapters holding clues, as any mystery story does, the BLOCKS you’re sewing have hidden clues, as well. So each block you sew gets you closer to learning the identity of the murderer. Every block you sew and share with us through Instagram or our private Facebook group also earns you an additional clue via email, so you’re rewarded every month for completing the block and staying on track to finish the quilt! The skills included in each block pattern are suitable for anyone from adventurous beginner to seasoned quilter–the instructions are clearly detailed to make it possible for anyone to follow along and learn as they sew, but the designs are interesting enough to keep anyone engaged. Plus! Clues!!
When you’re sure you know who the killer is, you get to guess. Every correct guess is entered to win a fabulous prize goodie basket of quilting tools and fabrics at the end of the year! You only get one guess, but for each month before December that you submit your guess, you get an additional entry–so the sooner you know the answer, the more chances you have to win. But use it wisely! Incorrect guesses don’t get entered into the drawing.
Included in your monthly subscription:
- one chapter a month of a murder mystery for you to solve!
- a PDF quilt block pattern, including templates and instructions with full-color step-by-step illustrations for assembly
- access to a private, password-protected “classroom” site where chapters, patterns, and instructions are archived for download, and venue for asking questions and sharing ideas with other quilters
- private Facebook group for tagging images of your blocks, joining in group discussions, and building community with other sleuths
- round-ups of quilting tutorials from around the web, along with resource lists of books, for every technique included in the quilt
- monthly email when each chapter and pattern is posted on the second Wednesday of each month
- monthly email with ideas, insights, hints and links to resources around the web, on the fourth Wednesday of each month
- entry for every correct guess into the Solutions Prize pool, to win a basket of quilting tools and fabric
- entry for every completed quilt top into the Finishers Prize pool, to win a prize basket
- an additional clue via email for every month you share and tag your completed block
- coloring pages, connect-the-dots, and bonus extras for you to download and print!
The story is funny and engaging, the characters are interesting and intriguing, and the mystery is waiting to be solved! Spend the year with a group of quilters and stitchers who love to see how the puzzle pieces fit together, and challenge yourself to learn whodunit!