I’m heading out of town on a super fun sewing trip next week, WITHOUT MY CHILDREN. That sentence has to typed in all caps, because I can hardly believe it’s true. On the one hand, I miss them already and can’t believe I’ll be away from them for so long! On the other, as I wrote my friend the other day, I fully plan to go to the bathroom BY MYSELF and eat meals while they’re STILL HOT and watch TV WHENEVER I WANT (and no Sesame Street, either).
I have a list of things to do while I’m out, though, most of them things I’ve put off since the flood–call me naive, but I never really thought it would take this long to get these unruly ducks back in a row. Here we are, though, with the website not updated and the blog neglected and so many new fabrics to post in the shop.
In the coming days, look for:
- The Whipstitch Fabrics site to get a huge update, including all our new classes for December, January and February!
- The Whipstitch Etsy shop to get a PILE of new inventory, including Rouennieres, Happy Campers, and Authentic from Moda, all of which came in these past two weeks and have been itching to be added to the shop!
- New blog posts and updates, including the shamefully late update on our Sew-A-Thon and a much deserved post dedicated to our talented winner
- Some truly gorgeous photos of the Sewing Retreat we took to the North Georgia Mountains (gulp) nearly a month ago
- Details and photos of my trip to Ohio this week, including some tantalizing hints about what exactly I’m doing there!
I’m so excited to have the studio back up and running and have the focus and time to get back to y’all. I will go ahead and warn you now that my perfectionist side isn’t going to allow me to post images of the new space yet–I still have a couple Final Touches to add (including shopping for some new art on Etsy to grace the walls of the studio!).
Thanks for being patient with us, everyone. It’s good to be home.
P.S. We’ve added TWO December Intro to Sewing classes to the schedule, and will get you stitching away in plenty of time for holiday gifts! Check out the AM Intensive and the PM Series, and register online!