The Sewing Buddy Project is BACK!!
Registration is open NOW through January 30, 2016. All Buddy pair matches will be emailed out no later than February 1, 2016.
The Sewing Buddy Project is a pen pal program. People from all over the world register, and are matched with a personal pen pal who will communicate with them via email. You won’t know who your Buddy is or where they’re from until you’re matched, and then the rest is up to you! This is a year-long commitment to communicate with another person who loves to sew, as simple as that. For the price of a couple of cups of coffee, you get to meet a new friend and sew together, as much or as little as you like!
This year, your one-time, flat fee registration for the Project includes:
- a personalized Sewing Buddy match that will be emailed to you both privately, by me personally!
- a monthly inspirational email with thoughts & ideas & motivation, plus a reminder to check in on your Sewing Buddy
- a dedicated online “classroom” space, updated with a monthly optional sewing prompt or idea for you and your Buddy to explore together–these may include projects, link round-ups from across the Web, or printable downloads for you to keep forever!
- an automated monthly email direct to your inbox to alert you when new sewing prompts have been posted in the online “classroom”
- a private Facebook page just for Sewing Buddies where you can share your projects, get ideas, meet other Buddy pairs and stay connected
- an Instagram hashtag so you can tag your projects–or works-in-progress–and add them to the Sewing Buddy pool
When you complete your registration, you’ll immediately receive an email with a PDF to download and print. This page contains all the instructions for adding your name to the selection pool (also known as the Super Sciency Whirly Bin of Sewing Magic) and getting your Buddy match. See all the details and testimonials from past Buddies here, and sign up now!
Because the Project’s main goal is to connect you to others who love to sew, you’re not committed to doing anything more than communicating each month, but I encourage you to do that regularly! Write about your ideas, your projects, your successes and your failures. Sometimes, life gets in the way and not much sewing gets done–share that, too, as much as you’re comfortable! The online sewing community is FILLED with kind, understanding people who make great friends. You’re one of them. Your Buddy is another. And now you have each other!
I’m so excited to launch the SEVENTH year of this project, and hope you’ll spread the word to your friends–share it on Facebook, on Instagram, on the Twitters, by text, whatever method you use to get your friends excited about the things you love. We can all benefit from a new friend in our lives, and I take enormous joy in bringing people together through this program. Come be part of it before the gates close for another year!