- You don’t have internet at the new place yet. So, no, you cannot live blog your move.
- Anything that’s not in a box? The movers won’t take that. Get ready to take trip #5 in your car.
- When it’s a local move, it is very tempting to say, “We’ll come back for that.” This is stupid. Just leave it behind, since you won’t use it anyway and it’ll just take up space in storage. Storage space you don’t have.
- When it starts raining during your move, you don’t get to finish later. You are now Moving In The Rain. It’s awesome. Except kinda not.
- Your toothbrush is just as important as the hammer, and both should be packed in your purse. Not in a box where you can’t find them at midnight when you’re (almost) done with moving. In the rain.
- BUY AN EXTRA BROOM.
- Your new neighborhood gets pizza delivery, unlike your old one. GET ONE.
We’re here, we’re in one piece, we’re pretty sure we have a stove (even though we can’t find it just yet). Exhausting, grueling work to move six people from a house where they’ve lived for seven years, but a super exciting new chapter to our lives.
- What to do when your sewing tables are too big to get through the door at the old house and have to be partially dismantled, and then STILL won’t fit in the door at the new house
- How to meet deadlines in the midst of moving and taking two trips out of town while corralling four children and maintaining your sanity
- More pizza