More than halfway through quilting the Central Park sudoku quilt, I’ve run out of thread. Super frustrating. I was really enjoying the Zen sensation of zoning out at the machine and making these meandering stitches. Lucky for me, it’s Friday, and I’ve got Family Movie Night and plenty of hexies to look forward to stitching by hand!
In the meantime:
- Keep an eye out for the wrap-up of Celebrate the Boy Month at Made by Rae and MADE.
- I just received the Funnel Neck Jacket I ordered from Jack Sprat (after seeing them featured on Celebrate the Boy) and it is FABULOUS. Photos soon, but I can tell you our boy looks hip and super cool in his green one. And it’s the perfect weight for spring!
- The fantastic Marisa of Creative Thursday has just released her first fabrics in her shop! I’m excited to see her new collection later this spring from Andover, so I’ve already ordered a bundle of these super cute four prints to tide me over.
- Can we just talk about how much fun I’m having catching up on some of my favorite bloggy reads lately? February was so totally insane that I’d fallen wayyyy behind, so I love having all my besties in my reader and using the “Next” button to peek into what they’ve been up to. If you’re not already, check out Flossie Teacakes, Gertie and Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew–a world of life-altering inspiration awaits you, dog. For reals.
- Super giant thanks for all the Snack Bandolier love! I’m hard at work on an awesomely pink Barbie version–just have to get my little model to sit still and pose for me and I’ll share the variation.
- Speaking of variations, I am on a pattern-making TEAR over here. I have some fun things to share with you in the coming weeks, but I wanna play it a little close to the vest, just in case I over-commit myself and don’t get them all done. I’ll drop some hints by saying: sleeve, decoder ring, bow ties. And you’ll just have to content yourself with that for now.